Porky's Garden of Eloquence

So twice five miles of fertile ground/ With walls and towers were girdled round/ And there was Porky's Garden bright with sinuous rills/ Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree/ And here were forests ancient as the hills/ Enfolding sunny spots of wankery.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"9-11 Jenga"


It was almost one year ago that I took up pen and paper to craft a missive to Mr. Hasbro, the renowned manufacturer of diversions, to urge him to release a 9-11-themed edition of the parlor trickery known as "Jenga." It is so rare, I opined, that the world of games serendipitously syncs with that of current events. How a commemorative edition of the game would tuly enable us to follow the politician's maxim to "never forget."

For months, I'd watched my nephew Jefty Kantilever flit away countless hours at this pastime in bootless amusement, when all the time it could have been a character-building exercise in patriotism!!!

I assumed that the lack of response from Mr. Hasbro could only indicate that my proposal was being carefully weighed and evaluated by the game designers, but this morning being nearly the anniversary of my communique, I telephoned Mr. Hasbro's incorporation directly to ascertain the nature of the delay. After being passed from supererogatory to supererogatory, I was finally put in touch with the man who had read my letter.

By Colossus!!! The cad had the roguery to call my proposal "offensive" and "inappropriate" and even "horrible." And before offering me time for any form of rejoinder, he terminated his connection to the telephone-line!

What a state has befallen our land when a manufacturer of children's trickery can malign the impulse for a patriotic rememberance of America's war-dead!!!

If any of my readers are in communication with Mr. Hasbro's despicable minions, you can assure them that their loss shall be another's gain. I am crafting a proposal for "9-11 Hungry Hungry Hippos" that shall surely bring great wealth to some other manufacturer, as well as the proper recognition that the solemn occasion deserves!

1 Comments:

Blogger Preseantaine said...

Here hear!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home